What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website http://ecs.vjoncology.com/ (“our site”).
Who we are and how to contact us
Our site is operated by Magdalen Medical Publishing Ltd (“We“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09997585 and have our registered office at The Old Chapel, Union Way, Witney, England, OX28 6HD. Our VAT number is 247098678.
You can contact us by calling us on 01865 784092 or via the “Contact Us” section on our site: http://ecs.vjoncology.com/contact/.
By using our site you accept these terms
The information on our site is for general educational purposes only and is only to be used by healthcare professionals only.
If you do not agree to these terms or you are not a healthcare professional, you must not use our site without our prior express consent given in writing.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 11 May 2022.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site or any content, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site (and other syndicated partners’ websites that we may link to from time to time, including, but not limited to, the websites of our official media partners and such sponsors, medical research organisation and academic institutes we may work with from time to time,), and in the material published on them. For the avoidance of doubt this includes, but is not limited to, any intellectual property rights vesting in video content, feature articles, podcasts and other materials available on our site. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Where you are permitted to print one copy or download extracts of pages of our site as a matter of law for your personal use only, you must not modify or reproduce any such paper or digital copies of any such materials in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not copy, broadcast, make available to the public, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, or use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors in advance.
Do not rely on information on our site
The content on our site (and other syndicated partners’ websites) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and any medical information published on our site is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. You must exercise your own professional judgement and consult with other healthcare professionals before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no promises and provide no assurances that the content on our site is accurate, complete, reliable, suitable for any particular purpose or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Please note that we only provide our site for private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
You may use our site for lawful purposes only. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site (including the materials published on it), as a whole or in any part, in contravention of the provisions of these terms. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes reproducing our content in any form on third party sites such as LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com) and YouTube (youtube.com) or via other social media platforms.
- To access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site (including the material published on it);
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Breach of these terms
When we consider that a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the ‘Prohibited Uses’ section above constitutes a material breach of these terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and content.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs, on a full compensation basis (including reasonable administrative and legal costs), resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Rules about linking to our site
You may not link to our home page in any way without our explicit advance written consent and provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that you may not establish a link to our site, or any content appearing on our site from time to time, on any third party site including but not limited to LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com) and YouTube (www.youtube.com).
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site, please contact [email protected]
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?