WCCS/EADO 2016 | Immunotherapy news for skin cancer from WCCS/EADO 2016 congress
Beate Lichtenberger, PhD of the Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria, discusses her highlights from the 2016 World Congress on Cancers of the Skin (WCCS) and the Congress of the European Association of Dermato-Oncology (EADO) in Vienna, Austria. Dr Lichtenberger expresses her surprise at the positive response to immunotherapy in skin cancer, with almost 60% of patients having a beneficial response. She believes that we still have to continue looking for more and different therapies to treat the remaining 40%, and perhaps the fibroblasts are the right cells to target as Dr Lichtenberger suggests.
Get great new content delivered to your inboxSign up